Each of the forms provided here is an example that was approved by
an NHS Research Ethics Committee for use with normal, healthy
adults. These may be freely adopted and modified for use with your
own studies but please note that all forms need to be
approved by research ethics committee before they can be used as
part of a TMS study.
- TMS information sheet. Provides basic information about participating in a TMS experiment including an explanation of TMS and its effects.
- TMS safety screen form. All TMS participants much complete a screening form before participating. This form screens for both permanent and temporary counter-indications for TMS.
- Consent form. In addition to the screening form, volunteers must complete a consent form before participating in a TMS experiment. This form may be a useful example.
- Incident report form
- Brainsight User's Guide. See also Brainsight's Users Forum
- MagStim's guide to Magnetic stimulation
- Wasserman's original TMS safety paper and Rossi et al's (2009) recent update.
- MagStim's TMS Safety Review
- Yousry and colleagues excellent paper on anatomically locating the hand knob of M1.
- MagStim's BiStim 200 Communication Protocol for using a computer to control the BiStim through the RS232 connection.
- MagStim's guide to Motor Nerve Monitoring
- Links to ethics committee.
- MagStim's FAQ.
- Our FAQ.